What we have here.....

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

What we have here.....

Post by Willrett »

I wanted to start a thread (sticky maybe) of all the skills we currently have and the people who practice them. I would then like to put them all together for everyone to have kinda of a cheat sheet list for reference since I think its hard to keep track of. So just post what you currently do and what you would like to do at some point.

We currently have: Horse people (work with, ride, train, help with name please :lol: ), blacksmiths, bladesmiths, bowyers, arrowmakers (fletchers), Leather workers, armor makers, Hunters/hawkers, clothing makers, ect...

Please help me with the correct titles and any other errors I made, I have up all night with a really bad migraine so everything on the screen is fuzzy.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: What we have here.....

Post by Willrett »

Currently I fall under (barely) Leather worker, scabbard maker (forgot that one), and starting arrow making when I get feathers.

I hope to be a hunter and a bow maker by the end of the year. And if we move I would like to start casting bronze.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Ah, let us see.

Blacksmith, Bladesmith, Toolsmith, Redsmith, Leatherworker, Seamstress, Huntress, Fletcher, Armorer, Cordwainer, Tablet Weaver, a bit of an Herbalist, Gardener, and would-be Bowyer. Working on Knitting, Spinning, and full scale Weaving on a floor loom.

That would do to be getting on with I guess.

Silivrian
Nandalad!
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Eledhwen wrote:Ah, let us see.

Blacksmith, Bladesmith, Toolsmith, Redsmith, Leatherworker, Seamstress, Huntress, Fletcher, Armorer, Cordwainer, Tablet Weaver, a bit of an Herbalist, Gardener, and would-be Bowyer. Working on Knitting, Spinning, and full scale Weaving on a floor loom.

That would do to be getting on with I guess.

Silivrian
great thanks I think I will put toolsmith with blacksmith and make a comment. and I'm going to put seamstress, knitting, spinning, weaving, and tailoring under one catagory with each listed under the comments. I am putting this all in excel.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Nice idea, Will. Especially having it in excel...could be screen-shotted and posted as a pic to form a quick reference for people who haven't been around this fun lot long enough to know who does what.

Leatherworking, super-basic clothing making, archery/equipment, armoring, Falconry...and that's about it on my end.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Well I have just a few...
-Beginning desert survival methods (not sure if that counts like a skill)
-Leather working
-Light/medium armourer
-woodworker
-fletcher

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Currently.. Weaving, Card weaving, bookbinding, leather work.

I also crochet. It's not considered period but hey, this is fantasy so it works hehe. I do some minor wood work as well.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Leatherworking, woodworking, sewing and clothes design, some herb lore. I hope to add more as I go.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

A jack of all trades and master of none... leatherworking, sewing and garb making, maille, some armor making, imagineer 8)
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Beornmann »

Skills or knowledge, in order, more to less:
* fighting
* leathercraft
* armor & armoring
* battle tactics
* fortifications & castles
* brewing
* archery
* sewing
* woodwork
* hunting
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Bladesmith
Leatherworker - sort of
Aspiring Mailler . . . maille maker . . . Armourer?
Wordsmith at times.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Let's see:

-leatherwork
-wood carving and woodwork
-minor armourer; mostly leather but some metal
-bone, antler, horn work
-archery
-sewing and clothing work
-wilderness survival skills
-limited WMA
-heraldry
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

You can add brewing to mine as well; I've made some very nice mead and methiglin, although it's been quite a while.
Menelgor
Wayfarer

Post by Menelgor »

- tailoring/sewing(whatever the right word is)
- brewing and cooking
- battlefield tactics
- WMA
- simple blacksmithing
- supreme imagination
would like to learn leatherworking at some point
Dailir
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Dailir »

Wanna be... Only real skill is having read tons in survival, but never really done anything. Armchair enthusiast as they call it.
Fellow Dùnedain, gather your arms and fight with me, fight for all you know and you cannot fail.