Independence Day

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Independence Day

Post by Eledhwen »

Happy Fourth of July! Happy Independence Day to my American brothers and sisters!

This is one of my absolute favorite holidays hands down..and not due to the parties and whatnot, although they are fun.

I sat down and read my copy of the Declaration this morning, as well as the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I do this each year at this time.

Many blessings to all here; may they come in plenty and ease the burdens we all must carry.

Eledhwen
Last edited by Eledhwen on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nandalad!
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: Independence Day

Post by Mirimaran »

I second your thoughts Eledhwen! As we celebrate today, we should remember that everything we have today, every right and every breath of free air we enjoy, were bought dearly by men and women who believed that there was something better out there....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

Just gives you chills...
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Take the time to remember those men and women who are still in harm's way today to protect what we hold dear and are celebrating today.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Dinendir.
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Dinendir. »

Keep the soldier's overseas and soldiers who gave everything in your thoughts and prayers. Without them, we wouldn't have the freedom that we enjoy today.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
He who seeks peace, prepares for war.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Happy Independence Day! We Americans might also take a moment to remember and honor those brave souls that had the guts and integrity to craft and sign the Declaration of Independence. They were literally investing their lives and futures in a cause that might not have succeeded. We owe them everything.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

kaelln wrote:Happy Independence Day! We Americans might also take a moment to remember and honor those brave souls that had the guts and integrity to craft and sign the Declaration of Independence. They were literally investing their lives and futures in a cause that might not have succeeded. We owe them everything.

Most of them lost everything after signing. These were men who were accustomed to plenty, but they sacrificed it all for a new nation.

Thank you to my fellow veterans for your service to our country. Thank you to our current troops for your continued service. Thank you to those who never came home. You are not forgotten by this patriot.

It's been nearly twenty years since my service ended and I find that the memories grow dearer to me each passing day than they were when they happened.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.