Spear for my emberverse kit

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Shadowhawk
Dúnadan

Spear for my emberverse kit

Post by Shadowhawk »

Been wanting to make one of these since I saw prince Nuada in Hellboy 2. A short spear made of a slightly cracked tomahawk handle and a paul chen viking spear head. There's some paracord wrapped just below the spear head for better grip. Also some runework. Handles kind of like a well balanced sword but more...spear like. Travels tied to my quiver opposite my frontier hawk.
Attachments
Emberverse spear.jpg
Emberverse spear.jpg (37.94 KiB) Viewed 6602 times
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Spear for my emberverse kit

Post by wulfgar »

Interesting! I have pondered getting a spear. I have thought about using a much smaller head though and making a nice sheath for the head. It would function as a nice walking stick and with the cover it wouldn't look too much like a weapon if seen by mundanes in the woods.
You can't take the sky from me.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Shadowhawk

First, nice looking spear. I have one of their spear head but it's very thick and I'd have to take off a lot of metal if I was to sharpen it

Wulfgar

Keep the spearhead unattached in a sheath in your pack. Taper one end of the walking stick/spear haft to match the socket of the spear head but top the haft with something else like a wooden ball for a bannister.

You'll have a spear if you need it and a walking stick for the casual observer.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Peter Remling wrote:Shadowhawk

First, nice looking spear. I have one of their spear head but it's very thick and I'd have to take off a lot of metal if I was to sharpen it

Wulfgar

Keep the spearhead unattached in a sheath in your pack. Taper one end of the walking stick/spear haft to match the socket of the spear head but top the haft with something else like a wooden ball for a bannister.

You'll have a spear if you need it and a walking stick for the casual observer.
Hey, never thought about that! Thanks for the idea.
You can't take the sky from me.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

A sheath indeed. All of my spear heads have sheaths. Use ash for the haft, if you can; it is historical, but also strong and flexible yet still pretty easily worked. You can get such staves from KoA.

Disguising the haft as a walking stick is advisable if you happen to live in a state that frowns upon such things, as I do.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!