Games, amusements, and their place.

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Odigan
Vendor

Games, amusements, and their place.

Post by Odigan »

Not to sound an elitist killjoy, but would it be sensible to relegate all gaming interests (LOTRO, table-top, etc.) to some sub-forum other? Perhaps I am the only one, but I think of "General discussion" as actually related to Rangering and gaming subjects to be more "Off-topic."
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Games, amusements, and their place.

Post by Peter Remling »

That would be up to Jack. He generally signs on around 2am EST. You might want to pm him or wait to see if others are like minded.

I don't play but it doesn't particularly bother me where it's posted as I read everything posted on the site anyway.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Hey, 2:00am is better than disappearing for 6 months at a time. Odigan, good idea, see the poll.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

At the expense of being a little snarky: "For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere." is the description of the subforum. While I think maybe we should add a forum for non-ranger discussions and such, until there is one, it would seem this is the right place. After all, we do have a Dunedain Culture forum that gets precious enough use.
Last edited by E.MacKermak on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

E.MacKermak wrote:At the expense of being a little snarky: "For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere." is the description of the subforum. While I think maybe we should add a forum for gaming and such, until there is one, it would seem this is the right place. After all, we do have a Dunedain Culture forum that gets precious enough use.

I agree, and will add: does it really matter? One of the things I like about this place is the relaxed atmosphere. While I'm not big on gaming, its really none of my affair if someone wants to post it in general, and cant say I've fretted about it....Look at the title and if you dont want to read it,move on...works for me.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Aaron
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Aaron »

I've always felt that stuff like LOTRO (though I don't play anymore) is still about Rangering, just in a virtual atmosphere. I feel the like the other forums in the Rangering category are more suited to the aspects of real life Rangering (though there are plenty of "real" topics that fit great in GD), but I don't feel the games discussion (Ranger-related like LOTRO) is out of place in GD.

Are there a multitude of other game threads not in GD that would really require a new forum just for them? I've noticed the LOTR Miniature thread, but that's really it....