Where to Begin?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

appalachianranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Where to Begin?

Post by appalachianranger »

Gentlemen,
For several years I have been collecting my kit as a ranger, and have frequented numerous renaissance faires and the like in my garb.
However I would like to begin taking my Dunedain studies somewhat more seriously, and therein lies the first great challenge.
See, LARP/NERO is a bit too far-fetched for me, while the SCA is not far-fetched enough.
Are there other outlets for social interaction with fellow Dunedain?
-Appalachian Ranger
"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -King Solomon
Cleddyf

Re: Where to Begin?

Post by Cleddyf »

dunno, i'm in new zealand where even the sca is thinspread, and other rangers are non-existant(or at least yet to be disscovered)
i've noticed that lots of people here play lord of the rings online, maybe that might be alright
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Welcome! As you might have seen from other posts, we use local events such as Renaissance festivals and Highland Games to meet up, so perhaps there are other Rangers who are close by who might be able to meet up. Where are you located? There are a few of us here in NC and then scattered across the world. :)

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Welcome to the group.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Tha Appalachian Trail runs almost the entire East Coast. There are a lot of us here so just let us know where you're close too.

I'm in NY as are two others. There's another in Southern CT. One or 2 in PA, albeit Western PA if I remember correctly.
Faolan

Post by Faolan »

Welcome to the group appalachianranger

I'm near the northern end of the Appalachian Trail myself, no good Renn Faire's nearby though, the closest are down in Mass/Conn/Rhode Island.

Faolan
Many evil things there are that your strong walls and bright swords do not stay.
You know little of the lands beyond your bounds.
Peace and freedom, do you say?
The North would have known them little but for us.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Plenty of opportunities for moots in the southern end of the trail (Carolinas). Like Mirimaran said, there are a few of us around down here.

Welcome to the group.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Frothgar

Post by Frothgar »

Civilization, it seems, prepared one to live, but not to survive.
-Cimmerian proverb
Rangerguy9
Wanderer

Post by Rangerguy9 »

A lot of new people lately. :lol:
Alderic
Dúnadan

Post by Alderic »

I've got to second Dagorhir.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Erich and I do Dag as well as SCA.. and yes we are in South Carolina, southern end of the Appalachian Trail. There are several of us in the Carolinas. Put your location in your profile hehe!! Let us know where you are at so we can help you better.

And welcome to the group!!
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com