Here is my Ranger Sword

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Axemurderer
Wayfarer

Here is my Ranger Sword

Post by Axemurderer »

Hi All

I am new here, so I thought I would show you my Ranger. Hope you like it.

Mike
Attachments
Sword5.jpg
Sword5.jpg (59.07 KiB) Viewed 15107 times
Mike Ahrens

Staten Island German Martial Atrs (S.I.G.M.A.)

Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Cantius Garand, Reformed (Gas Port)
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Here is my Ranger Sword

Post by Jonathan B. »

Cool that's a Christian Fletcher - Brescia Borderwatch. Nice looking sword but way out of my price range
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I have been struck blind from the awesomeness.! Very nice! :o Please tell us about yourself, Mike, and welcome!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Tauron
Wayfarer

Post by Tauron »

Hi Mike.
I'm new too, but this is a very welcoming forum.

Wow! When I eventually buy myself a sword... (drools).

* p.s: You guys seem to be very good at spotting the work of a particular swordsmith, I'm impressed. I've not chosen the artist to make my sword yet, I'd appreciate some suggestions and links to artists who make high quality ranger swords of this type -Perhaps a new thread?
Axemurderer
Wayfarer

Post by Axemurderer »

Mirimaran wrote:I have been struck blind from the awesomeness.! Very nice! :o Please tell us about yourself, Mike, and welcome!

Ken
Hello
Yes that is a CF Bresciawatch as we have been calling it. The blade came from the Albion Moat Sale and was only $200.00. This is the third Boarderwatch I have owned, one an Angus Trim Blade, the second an Albion Crecy blade. I think I got it right this time. It has The Triquetra insted of The White Tree, because that is the symbol of my order. I am a member and Herald of The Order Of Selohaar. Selohaar is a Mystic Order of Chivalry. I am also a founding member and an instructor at Staten Island German Martial Arts. A small study group in NYC. We study the teachings of the 14th century Master Johannes Liechtenauer(http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/). so enough about me. I am very happy to be here.

Mike

PS: Don't believe anything Mike Capanelli says about me.
Mike Ahrens

Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Cantius Garand, Reformed (Gas Port)
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome Mike:

I was a little hesitant about admitting you based on your user name, fortunately I recognizied your email.

Good to have you here, Pete
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Great sword. Welcome to the group.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Axemurderer wrote:PS: Don't believe anything Mike Capanelli says about me.
With an introduction like that, I'd like nothing more than to hear what he says, regardless of whether I choose to believe it... ;wink;

Always up for a good story! Welcome to the boards!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Cleddyf
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Cleddyf »

its so pretty!!!
Axemurderer
Wayfarer

Post by Axemurderer »

Thanks Pete, I have gone by that name for a long time now. Even before there was an interwebs.

Mike

Peter Remling wrote:Welcome Mike:

I was a little hesitant about admitting you based on your user name, fortunately I recognizied your email.

Good to have you here, Pete
Mike Ahrens

kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Welcome Mike!
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Yes that is a CF Bresciawatch as we have been calling it. The blade came from the Albion Moat Sale and was only $200.00. This is the third Boarderwatch I have owned, one an Angus Trim Blade, the second an Albion Crecy blade. I think I got it right this time.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on both versions of the Borderwatch as I've owned both the Atrim and the Albion. The Atrim felt a little too manufactured to me. Great sword but something was "missing". The Albion I though would be great as I love the XVIa they do, but it was jet too blade heavy for my liking. I'd love to have a chance to cut with your bresciawatch. If it handles anything like the Albion Brescia then it's as much of a work of art and function as it appears to be.

PS: Don't believe anything Mike Capanelli says about me.
On the contrary, believe EVERYTHING!......lol. Mike, despite his user name, is a wonderful man and a kind and gracious host. It was a privilege to be able to train even briefly with such a knowledgeable and welcoming person. Welcome to the forums brother. I think you'll have a ooh time here. Nice blokes they are.
Winter is coming
Axemurderer
Wayfarer

Post by Axemurderer »

Michael

Although I believe that I can find at least a few people in the HEMA comunity that would disagree with you as to the content of my character, I thank you very much.

As to the cutting ability of the Bresciawatch, I have not cut with it. The way this sword handles is quite wonderful. The main problem I have always had with the Brescia is the width of the guard, The Bresciawatch does not have this problem. it runs through drills and guard transitions with a smoothness that is quite remarkable. In fact at the recent Selohaar Yule gather, Greg Mele had the orortunity to handle it and was quite complimentary. God can that man swing a sword.

The Atrim ranger was my first sword, and holds quite a special place in my heart, it was also a fine cutter(AT1415 blade). The Crecy bladed Boarderwatch
was great cutter, I just never was that fond of the sword in general, cant explain just a wrong fit for me. Hope to see you soon and I will ask Chriss Torres tonite about a possible monthly saturday training day.

mike
Mike Ahrens

Dailir

Post by Dailir »

That sword... I'm now struck dumb with awe. But welcome! I know its late, but the warg riders just would not leave me alone!
Fellow Dùnedain, gather your arms and fight with me, fight for all you know and you cannot fail.
appalachianranger

Post by appalachianranger »

"Here is my Ranger Sword"...

...and here is my gun! This one's for fighting, this one's for fun!!
"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -King Solomon