New Contest

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: New Contest

Post by Manveruon »

Heh... yeah, admittedly I had totally forgotten about this, soooo... I'd be all for extending the deadline! :mrgreen:
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Neume
Wayfarer

Post by Neume »

I just found out about the contest and am intrigued as well. I would be all for an extension to get more entries.
"The women of this country learned long ago, those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain. "
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Peter Remling wrote:Just wanted to bring this back up, as there has been no entries yet. If there not at least two entries by the deadline, I'll extend the deadline till June 30th.

:D

If we don't get at least one other entry by tonight, the deadline is extended.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Neume wrote:I just found out about the contest and am intrigued as well. I would be all for an extension to get more entries.
Just wanted to welcome Neume to the group here! A fellow Ranger that we have known long and long :) Welcome!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RangerKellen »

I too just saw this contest and want you all to know that I will be participating! You better watch out, I'm feeling good about it!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Neume
Wayfarer

Post by Neume »

Mirimaran wrote:[quote="Neume"

Just wanted to welcome Neume to the group here! A fellow Ranger that we have known long and long :) Welcome!

Ken
Thank you, dear Ranger friend. I'm still getting used to forums. I'm on ye olde face book more. But getting together a new outfit since being inspired by the contest. I guess we all need a little nudge. My Elf is in the process of making some wondrous pieces. I am giddy with anticipation to see them in person. He also got a new camera so we can post pictures.

Neume
"The women of this country learned long ago, those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain. "
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I can't wait to see what you and your Elf come up with, Neume! Is he a forum member? You need an avatar pic now!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

A little more than a month to go !
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RangerKellen »

My story is done! (not the best but it will do) I still need to get some pictures but I have a plan for that! :)
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Neume
Wayfarer

Post by Neume »

I just took the plunge and posted my story. I had never had a chance or reason to write anything like this before and found it to be a really fun challenge. Studio Kensai made the new gear after I told him about this forum and the contest and he kindly directed and took all the pictures on a drizzly grey day as well. But like the story said, it was at least much cooler than normal for Summer time. I had made the arrows quite some time ago and they are the first arrows I had ever made. It was fun and I plan to make some more soon. My bowstring broke the day before so I borrowed the big bow from the Elf. I was happy to be able to shoot such a big bow. It was a lot of fun!

Thank you for running the contest and inspiring me to try my hand at writing. And even learned how to post pictures on a forum. :)

Here is a link to the story. http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... f=3&t=1736
Neume
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Last Day to get your entry in !!!!!!!!!!!1