Lessons learned... what exercises to you do?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Lessons learned... what exercises to you do?

Post by ineffableone »

Ringulf wrote:That would be a very interesting experiment, let us know how it turns out.
I wonder if these several trees and herbs can be found in relatively close proximity to one another, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus if I am not mistaken are half a world away from cedar,(Japanese,Lebonese ceder?) and you got me on the origins of Lemongrass, Effective, natural combos are really all we are concerned about here due to the Fantastical nature of Middle Earth, but they would still grow in there respective climates, I wonder witch ones could have been theoretically utilized together?
It is kinda like the whole "period cotton question" Yeah it was grown in other parts of the world but only Eli's Gin and the southern slave owner's labor rendered it an effective, or at least practical, crop to be used by the masses.
Lemongrass is from India, Sri Lanka, Burma, and Thailand as well as another variety thought to come from Malaysia.

Tea Tree is Australian and New Zealand in origins.

Eucalyptus is well known in Australia, but there are 15 different varieties that grow in South Pacific islands like New Guinea and Indonesia and as far North as the Philippines.

Cedar was prevalent in the Middle East till the agriculture revolution cut them down. Asia and the Americas both have native Cedar. The Mediterranean also has a couple native cedar trees. Actually kind of odd now thinking about it how the lack of European cedar and how well spread cedars are. Wonder why no native cedar in most of Europe except the Mediterranean ones.

So which could have theoretically been used together. Tea tree and eucalyptus are from the same area. Lemongrass and cedar is a possible combo also.

I haven't been to a buggy area yet, so haven't tried out the mix yet. But will report my experiences when I do.