Captain,my Captain!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Captain,my Captain!

Post by Rifter »

Well said.
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ineffableone »

I quite agree that Viggo is a man of morals and ethics that are worth praise.
bjaurelio
Dúnadan

Post by bjaurelio »

ineffableone wrote:Folks might want to read this article, http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/05 ... t-so-fast/

The rumor of Viggo turning down an offer to play Arragorn in the Hobbit seems to be kind of taken out of context and turned into something it really wasn't.
The article basically sounds like a PR firm trying to soften backlash for how silly Legolas' role has been in the Hobbit movies. Yes, Viggo said he would be willing to reprise his role. He also said that Aragorn wasn't in the Hobbit and that it would have to make sense for him to appear, such as a story bridging the gap between the two books.
ineffableone

Post by ineffableone »

bjaurelio wrote:
ineffableone wrote:Folks might want to read this article, http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/05 ... t-so-fast/

The rumor of Viggo turning down an offer to play Arragorn in the Hobbit seems to be kind of taken out of context and turned into something it really wasn't.
The article basically sounds like a PR firm trying to soften backlash for how silly Legolas' role has been in the Hobbit movies. Yes, Viggo said he would be willing to reprise his role. He also said that Aragorn wasn't in the Hobbit and that it would have to make sense for him to appear, such as a story bridging the gap between the two books.
If you read the story I linked then you see that says that quote about Aragorn not being in the Hobbit was said to the interviewer who was asking if he had been asked to play Aragorn in the Hobbit. The interviewer then took that quote out of context to make it sound like he was saying this in response to someone else askling him if he wanted to be in the Hobbit movie.
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

What Hobbit movies!
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
robinhoodsghost

Post by robinhoodsghost »

I would like to see other stand alone movies set in Tolkien's rich world. if it was based off the books and notes of the author, it could be new and still remain true to the old.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.