The Unbeaten Path Waits...

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

brownl_91
Dúnadan

The Unbeaten Path Waits...

Post by brownl_91 »

It's been a long hard winter here in Wisconsin. Not only have the temps reached -30 countless times, I was busy every weekend with work and job hunting resulting in me not winter camping for the first time in 4 or 5 years. But now the clutches of winter are lessening, I'm done with college and it's time for me to trek the wilds once again.

Though my companions are all busy this weekend, this lone wolf is finally able to go trekking once again. As you can see my bags are all packed, my map made (not in the picture) and my spirits are high. I will add pictures once I get back. I hope that all of you get to enjoy numerous treks and outings this year.

Just remember "It's a dangerous business, going out your door."
IMG_2984.JPG
IMG_2984.JPG (35.97 KiB) Viewed 8774 times
man_of_tanith
Dúnadan

Re: The Unbeaten Path Waits...

Post by man_of_tanith »

for the sake of us kit enthusiasts.
whatchya packing?
I had a weekend in the woods last weekend.
not rangering but was good to get some woods time.

did get the majority of a roycroft pack frame made up. so hopefully I'll get to use it soon

ha e a great time and plenty of photos please.
Only the Wilderness is Pure Truth
Arbellason
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Arbellason »

Had beautiful weather up here for a few days and now as you probably know another foot of snow :shock:
Alone a ranger travels unseen and unheard beware those of dark heart for you will sleep not in comfort while I walk.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

I only wish the weather here in Alberta was as easy going, it still snowing and were almost into May...global warming?..hmmph Wizards work I say
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
brownl_91
Dúnadan

Post by brownl_91 »

My bedroll is made up of an oilcloth and a wool blanket. Rolled up in the bedroll i have an old coffee can I use as a billy pot, a sack with a mix of rice, bulgar wheat, and dried mushrooms. Another sack with oatmeal, a small sack of coffee, a wooden spoon i made from a stick, a spice kit,flint and steel, and a spare pair of wool socks. In my haversack I have my map, bandana, compass, and walnuts to eat on the trail. and as always I will be bringing my cloak. I also plan on bringing a pencil and paper and possibly write a short story by firelight. If i can think of anything good I will post in later.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Nice gear, it's great that you are able to get out there and use it. What is your canteen there?
You can't take the sky from me.