Pics from Scarby

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Manveruon
Thangailhir

Pics from Scarby

Post by Manveruon »

Just got back from Scarborough Renaissance Festival in Waxahachie TX! It was my first time at this festival, and I had a great time, although I feel like I hardly saw it (the place is huge). On Saturday I went as my ranger/woodsman character, and on Sunday I was a filthy pirate gunner. My Saturday was a bit tarnished by the fact that it rained about half the day, and one of my boots' soles split off the body, causing me to have a very uncomfortable day. Still, I'd like to think I got some pretty cool shots of me in my current gear. Here ya' go!

And of course, a few of me on Sunday, pirating it up:

Last edited by Manveruon on Tue May 28, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Pics from Scarby

Post by Beornmann »

Feed the Woodsman-spirit; pirates walk the plank.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Arrr, but they have fun doin' it! :P
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

You make a great filthy pirate :) and of course love the Ranger/Woodsman persona, and better your boots fail at faire than in the woods! Thanks for the pics!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Mirimaran wrote:You make a great filthy pirate :) and of course love the Ranger/Woodsman persona, and better your boots fail at faire than in the woods! Thanks for the pics!

Ken

Quite true! This also forces me to actually do what I've been talking about for months and finally make a pair of my own from scratch. The idea I have right now might best be described as a "welted turn-boot." I have no idea if it's going to work, but I'm eager to try it.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

What were you doing in Texas? If I had known, I could have come up there. I was in Canton for an SCA event this past weekend.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Aw nuts! I'm definitely regretting not letting more folks know I was going. I don't know why, but I basically just completely forgot to advertise this fact to the general public. Every year some friends of mine from the Colorado Renaissance Festival make an excursion down to Scarborough, and this was the first year I was actually able to go with them. Next year I absolutely plan on doing this again however. And in that case I will make sure to let everyone know I'm coming!
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

No problem. I was up for the faire a couple of weeks ago. Scarborough has a really nice site. It would be nice to put real faces to the names. Hope to see you next year.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Like the Woodsman best....in fact you and your gear look alot like Anguy ....The archer of the Brotherhood Without Banners in the GAME OF THRONES series on HBO.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Thanks! I haven't gotten to that point in the show yet, but the Brotherhood Without Banners was always one of my favorite parts in the books. I just went and looked up Anguy on Google Images, and I have to say, he's pretty wicked. Mayhaps I will have to to that costume fully someday!
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

I love that pirate's Indiana Jones bag!
You can't take the sky from me.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

wulfgar wrote:I love that pirate's Indiana Jones bag!
Haha, well it's funny you should mention it, because Glen has been trying to get his hands on a more period appropriate haversack for a while, but just hasn't quite gotten around to it yet, so I was the one who told him "hey, just bring your Indy bag - nobody will notice."