After Action Report

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

After Action Report

Post by Eric C »

Okay, We made it to the NC Ren Fest this past weekend. It was great fun. We got a few pics of ourselves and quite a few more of some of the things going on there.
Outside the gate pics:

In the last pic, you can see the two scabbards I've recently finished. I may not have been posting, but I haven't been idle. 8)

Before we even got into the gate, a Gypsie accused Elyon of racial profiling. :lol: The poor kid was taken off guard and intimidated by this Gypsie woman who weaved her way through the rest of us, but chose to speak to him when he moved out of her way. It was pretty funny.

I had to throw in one of a forge:

My two favorite ladies:

And that is enough pics for now. We had a really good time and hope to get back before the season is over. Sadly, we never linked up with Mirimiran and his wife. Maybe next time.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: After Action Report

Post by RangerKellen »

Looks like you had a really fun time! I don't know about NC but here in Oklahoma is was GREAT weather! Hope you get to go back soon :)
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

looks like a fun time
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

A couple highlights of the day: Of course the afore-mentioned Gypsie encounter. Also, Ruinferil found a gem dealer. We got our hands on a couple of amethyst encrusted pieces for $20. She was thrilled!
For me the best part of the day was when I walked into Catskill Moc's booth. He was taping up a man's leg to make a pair of mocs for him. My boots fell immediately into his line of sight when he looked from his work. He said, "That's a nice pair of boots you have there. Did you make them yourself?" I said that I did. He asked if I followed a pattern or made it up myself. I told him it was a Tandy Leather pattern, but I would do a few things different on my next pair. He said, "They are very nice!" I said that I have admired his work for a few years now. His comeback was, "Well, we do this every day. You don't." I walked out feeling pretty good about his praise of my handiwork.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Yeah still hoping Alex (Theodred) and I will get to go in November.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

You guys looked great! I wish we could have gone, but the way we felt, if we would have made it we would not have stayed long. We're still getting over being sick now but might make it in two weeks or so. Glad that you had fun, it is a great faire! Sorry we missed you!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Yeah, I figured you had not recovered fully yet. It's better to be healthy so you can enjoy yourselves. I'm really hoping to go again before the season is over. It depends on the morgage payment and other bills.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I hear ya on that one. We're getting laid off all next week and it will be our sign up week so money will be tight (again). Ugh. I hope one day the economy will pick up!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Well, we are going to try and go to the Faire the last weekend, probably that Sunday. The last day is always so much fun and bittersweet. So, anyone else going?

Ken
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Loving the humongous bellows there!

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.