Full Metal Jousting

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

kaelln

Re: Full Metal Jousting

Post by kaelln »

Good Luck! Hope you get picked, and kick their butts!
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

My video and application have been sent. Now its wait and see :)
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Keeping my body parts crossed !
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

LMAO! :lol:
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Peter Remling wrote:Keeping my body parts crossed !
Assuming that you don't have a closet full of someone else's body parts LOL :P

Good luck, R.D.!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Odigan
Vendor

Post by Odigan »

R.D.Metcalf wrote:My video and application have been sent.
Mine as well.
It will be interesting to see what comes of this in the weeks ahead.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

That's great, Odigan! I hope you both make it!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Well, today was the deadline, it wont be as long as it has been till we know whether or not we've been picked. My very best to my brother in the sword and horse, Odigan. It will be an honor and a pleasure to meet you in the lists or to cheer you from home as fate allows.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
dwayne davis
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by dwayne davis »

I say good luck to you both, i hope to see you two gain succes. ( and stay in one peice more or less)
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Anyone hear anything yet ?

I've checked the net and havn't seen/heard anything regarding if they have picked anyone yet. I do realize they may have picked their candidates and that those candidates might be contractually obligated not to say anything. I am curious to see if they are going ahead with this show or are scrapping it due to the obvious difficulty producing it.

Still very interested in this.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Never heard a word, Pete

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
dwayne davis
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by dwayne davis »

It is my opinion if they dont pic you R.D. they are making a mistake. as far as the quality of their canidates/fighters. that is if they WANT the best.
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

I'm mighty complimented, Mr. Davis, thank you sir. My opinion is that my video wasnt as charismatic as they wanted. I think the blow-hard braggart persona makes better television. I'm not that type I spoke to the camera in a blunt realistic fashion knowing damn well any brag I made would come back to haunt me should I fail to perform....and yeah that would make good television, but it would make an ass out of me. My name is all I have and I will not shame myself by bragging about how great I am at something I've never done.

As a horseman or swordsman I would love my odds, but as a lancer ....like most...I'm simply not up to speed. And I honestly dont think that the short period of training before the semi-finals would've got me anywhere near as good as I would want to be. At any rate I can still ride my horse and swing a sword at home...I may not have got invited to their party but my own party never stopped :lol:

Good luck to those who were selected.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Is this connected to the Knights of Mayhem? There is a new show on National Geographic starting Nov 15th that looks sort of like what you are describing.

http://fullcontactjousting.com/

They have a Facebook.

Ken
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

The show I auditioned for was on the History Channel, KOM is a different show and group of people. Charlie Andrews has some off the wall ideas, Knights should weigh 200+ pounds and horses should be in the draft category....This is -to put it mildly- pure bullshit! As this would've excluded nearly all period knights, and all their horses. However, I do think there has been a campaign of character assassination waged on Charlie, that is beneath contempt. If I cant ride against on the feild, I'm not going to berate him on the net.....And he would've been a worthy, if somewhat misinformed, adversary. As I understand he was eagerly awaiting a challenge from the winner of FMJ.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~