Ello there!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Estelliel*

Ello there!

Post by Estelliel* »

I've been hanging around here for a while reading the posts and sometimes responding. I hear that I should introduce myself so I'm not a ranger stranger.

I am a college student so I will most likely not be posting very regularly. I'm studying for a fashion design degree and want to do costume design for the stage and screen as a career. I am very interested in the crafts forum and the wealth of information stored there. I love any and all types of crafts! Leatherworking is a skill I would like to learn, but I have very little money at the moment for supplies. I will probably be asking specifics about leatherworking when I do obtain the material.

I don't have much of a ranger kit at the moment. It took me a while to realize that women could be rangers, but I will be building my kit as much as possible. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and learning from your skills.
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." John 14:27
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Re: Ello there!

Post by mcapanelli »

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here as I'm sure it's at a premium. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work when you get around to it.
Winter is coming
Tauron
Wayfarer

Post by Tauron »

Welcome Estelliel,

I'm in the UK, and I too am fairly new here, and have recently begun to assemble my own Ranger's gear.
I'm on a small budget too, so I'm starting with the basics... Clothing, Survival/ Bushcraft kit etc and working on these skills (the living history part of reenactment is what I'm most interested in anyway, experiencing the life and hardships of living in the backwoods for extended periods). The more expensive gear like weapons and armour etc, will come along later. Like when I win the Lotto!!! :-)
I'm sure you will enjoy it here, they are a most welcoming and friendly bunch.
I hope you can help out others, like myself, who have great ides for costumes etc, but little experience with a needle :mrgreen:

Tauron
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

Hail and well met. Welcome to the group I'm sure you will never find a better bunch of people.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

welcome to the group cant wait to see pics of your work.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Welcome! You're starting where a good many of us have - with no kit! I was able to use some of my Civ War reenactment gear for kit, but I'm having to gain pieces little by little. We make what we can and buy what we can't.

Make yourself at home. Tell of your adventures and any tales you've heard along the way.

Eric C. Occasionally known as Angarth (or other unmentionable names. :lol: )
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Cinead
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Cinead »

Mae Govannen!

Pull up a seat, get an ale and fill a pipe!
Here I stand...unbowed, unbent, unbroken.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Welcome!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Mae govannen!

We women can most assuredly be Rangers. :)

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Cleddyf

Post by Cleddyf »

welcome
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Welcome!
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Welcome! We love our women Rangers!
Dailir

Post by Dailir »

Welcome!
Fellow Dùnedain, gather your arms and fight with me, fight for all you know and you cannot fail.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Hail and Welcome to the group! Glad to see you and I hope to see what projects you are working on!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ranger of Arthedain

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

Welcome! :)
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.